Oakland Christian Athletic Director and Boys and Girls Varsity Basketball Coach Dennis Hopkins has been promoted to the position of Assistant Executive Director of the Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan.
Coach Hopkins has been a member of the Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan (BCAM) since 2000 and was promoted into the Assistant Executive Director position after Dan Young, the previous Assistant Executive Director, replaced recently retired Tom Hursey as the Executive Director. BCAM is the state’s basketball coaches association that allows individuals and schools of all levels (high school, middle school, college, travel) to join and partake in the many different activities it provides. There were 5,767 members of BCAM last year making it the largest state association for basketball coaches in the country.
Coach Hopkins’ past duties in the association have ranged from the 3pt Director at the All-Star Games, Assistant 3pt Director at the State Finals, as well as the Reaching Higher Regional Director and President.
His current duties as the Assistant Executive Director include the following:
- Co-Director of the Annual Coaches clinic which had 798 attendees last October.
- Regional 2 Director which helps select BCAM’s Best Teams each year.
- Liaison between BCAM and USA Basketball.
- State Tournament Seeding Committee Member.
- Advancement for coaches’ development and resources.